11/10/2012

Rosehip Collection -25+ Things to do with Rosehips

It's time to collect rosehips. I remember, not too long ago, doing a search for rosehip recipes and finding only a few traditional recipes (syrup/tea/jam etc). I've recently been saving "pins" at "pinterest" and I'm surprised and inspired by all the recipes that are popping up. If you don't know pinterest it's an excellent place to store, organise and share images from bookmarked pages on the web. It's a very inspiring place to visit, but be warned it's also a very dangerous time consumer and completely addictive. The phrase; "Stop pinning and start making" should  be remembered!
One of the reasons I started blogging was to find a place to store all the things I'm discovering. I hope and intend to start making some of these recipes soon. Hope you find some inspiration for your rosehips. Please let me know if you have any other ideas.


 Tips on Harvesting Rosehips
@


 Rosehip Tea
 
@


Rosehip Chutney
Recipe: Rose Hip Chutney 
@


 Rosehip Simple Syrup
 
@


Rosehip and Apple Jelly
Rosehips in our garden
@


Rosehip Jelly
@



Rosehip Jam
@


Rosehip Vinegar
Post image for Rosehip Vinegar
@
eatweeds.co.uk


Rosehip Hangover Cure
 
@


Rosehip Spread
@


Rosehip Muffins
 
@



Spiced Rosehip Olive Oil Cake

@
delightfuldelicacies.blogspot.com



Rosehip Ripple Ice-cream


 Rosehip Truffles
 @


Rosehip Raisin Bread
 @


Chocolate Syrup with Rosehips and Elderberries
 
@
methowvalleyherbs.com


Rosehip Leather@
berrybluetoes.blogspot.com


Hedgerow Dog Biscuits
@



Rosehip Ginger beer
 
 @



Rosehip Tipple 
@



Rosehip Soup
@
blogs.sweden.se



Rosehip Face Mask@



Rosehip Face,Neck and Decollete Oil
 
@
wildcraftvita.blogspot.com



 Rosehip Wreath
 IMG_0270
@
 lampshadelady.typepad.com



 Rosehip Beads
 
@
 wildcraftvita.blogspot.com


Rosehip Heart
IMG_7985
 @
carrotsandkids.com



Thankyou to those featured for your inspiration and lovely photos (well, I'm trying to improve my photographic skills). Let me know if you find yourself on this list and you would rather not.  If you have any other ideas please share them. If you'd like a button, help yourself.


http://wildcraftvita.blogspot.it/2012/10/rosehip-collection-25-things-to-do-with.html

18 comments:

  1. What a great collection of things to do with Rose hips. Thanks for linking to the muffin recipe on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, talking about a time consumer! I'm a bit strapped for time today, but will follow up some of those links. Hedgerow dog biscuits!?! We're up in the mountains this weekend, where I know a spot full of rosehips. I put a recipe for a hip soup in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great compilation and very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Lorraine,Heiko and Jan. I love getting comments! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great collection. I will be looking for you on Pinterest. You are so right! It is such a time-suck, but so much fun. I'm so glad to know more about rose hips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my goodness, you have found a lot of good rose hip ideas! thanks for putting them all in one spot:) now i will just pin this post to my rose board:) big hugs, Leslie of Comfrey Cottages xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting Leslie, Have you ever made the rosehip candy recipe on your blog? I'd love to see a photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this through links and so glad I did - I have so many wild roses around my yard and am bad about dead-heading them. Well now I'm happy I was so lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carol, if you make anything let me know how you get on.: )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to plant a rose bush to try some of these.... but which variety of roses would be best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey, I'm not a rose gardener I always collect wild rosehips (dog roses-Rosa Canina is the most common and has the best taste in my opinion).

      Delete
  11. Great listing! I'm sharing it!

    Here's a rose hip recipe of my own. http://www.methowvalleyherbs.com/2012/02/indulge-chocolate-syrup-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, looks gorgeous! Added to the list. Thanks Rosalee :)

      Delete
  12. I dont have a jelly bag, would a nut bag do?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure what a nut bag is? If it filters out the seeds and fine hairs it's ok- if not what about an old clean pillowcase?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback. Comments are gladly accepted ;)